The international of launch of ID Manchester – the innovation capital of Europe
At MIPIM 2019, the world’s largest property convention, the University of Manchester presented the unique opportunity to become its partner to deliver a new, world-class innovation district in the heart of Manchester, the £1.5 billion ID Manchester.
Ashurst Communications joined together with Assembly Studios to work closely with the University of Manchester to bring the vision and ambition for ID Manchester to life with the specific goal of generating interest from international property development and investment businesses ahead of the start of the formal OJEU procurement process.
At the presentation at MIPIM, Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell President and Vice-Chancellor of The University of Manchester was joined by the University’s Director of Estates Diana Hampson, Executive Director at CBRE, Colin Thomasson and Manchester City Council Chief Executive Joanne Roney. The event was moderated by Stephen Dauncey, Director of Finance – The University of Manchester.
Over 300 people attended the presentation, a record for the Manchester Partnership. Press coverage was generated in all main titles including the FT, Property Week, Estates Gazette, Construction News, Building, Place North West, Manchester Evening News and many more. When the OJEU process was formally started in autumn 2019, the University received expressions from all over the world.
Here is a summary of everything we delivered with Assembly Studios for the launch of ID Manchester:
- Teaser publication detailing the vision for ID Manchester for MIPIM
- Website for ID Manchester including data catchment forms created for MIPIM
- A short film bringing the vision for ID Manchester to life which was premiered at the event at MIPIM https://www.id-manchester.com/ –
- The presentation materials and speech guidelines for the MIPIM presentation
- Invited developers and investors attending MIPIM to attend the presentation in the Manchester Pavilion
- Working with ING Media we issued press releases pre-MIPIM and immediately after the conclusion of the presentation session to local business news, regional and national property titles, and international journalists.
- Co-ordinated all social media activity in the build up to and at MIPIM with University of Manchester
- Organised meetings for key members of the University of Manchester team.
Ashurst Communications is retained by the University of Manchester as the process to find a development and investor partner to realise its vision for ID Manchester continues.