Chimney Pot Park, Salford
Chimney Pot Park, Langworthy, Salford Case Study January 06 – April 06
This is a short summary of the national award winning PR campaign Lisa did for the launch of Urban Splash development Chimney Pot Park.
- Winner CIPR National In-House Campaign 2006
- Winner CIPR North West Grand Prix 2006
- Winner CIPR North West Best In-House Campaign
- Following very successful sales launch of Rotunda in Birmingham in Oct 05. Urban Splash chairman Tom Bloxham MBE ups the stakes
- “Sell out the first release of houses at Chimney Pot Park. There’s already a buzz but I want everyone in the city talking in about it”
- That was 108 houses to sell!
- We announced the launch date to Urban Splash 15,000 strong email database 3 Jan 06
- Project featured on BBC 1 National Breakfast on 6 Jan – sales team received 200 calls!
- Featured on BBC Culture Show on 26 January
- It was clear there is strong demand for the houses
- Urban Splash team up’d the stakes again and decided to put up a M*A*S*H tent at the site on the Wednesday before the sales launch on the Saturday.
- By noon on Thursday, there was already 108 people in the queue!
- By the time launch day arrived, everyone in the queue had got to know each other and a new community was forming right then and there. The houses were not ready to move into for at least 12 months after the sales launch.
- 108 houses sold in 2 and ½ hours
- We held a special launch for people living in the local area a week before the houses were released on sale to the public. 12 local people bought.
- Coverage of launch day achieved in Mail, Guardian, Telegraph and Express
- 4 mins live on BBC Radio 4 Today programme from the M*A*S*H tent
- BBC 1 National lunch time news and local tv and radio
- Coverage reached an audience of 18m with an AVE equivalent of £358, 093